The Institute of Applied Biosciences addresses the most important research challenges of our time, from developing biofuels to understanding and combating emerging diseases. The key areas of the institute are synthetic biology and emerging pathogens. The NMSU faculty members contributing to the goals of the institute have been involved in research areas such as infectious diseases, cancer, genetics, drug development, bioinformatics and public health.
Questions about the Institute of Applied Biosciences should be directed to Dr. Jeffrey Arterburn, Director.
- Department of Biology
- Molecular Biology Program
- Chemistry and Biochemistry Department
- Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Department of Computer Science
- Entomology, Plant Pathology, and Weed Science
- Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences
- Animal And Range Science
- Fishery And Wildlife Sciences
- Jornada Basin Long Term Ecological Research
- The Laboratory of Ecological and Evolutionary Genetics